The WOWOW Code of Conduct sets out basic matters to be followed by all officers and employees of WOWOW and the WOWOW group as well as those in an employment or delegation relationship with the companies when performing their duties as well as when acting as individuals in order to ensure that WOWOW and the WOWOW group are trusted and respected by society.
- 1. Compliance with laws and regulations
- We comply with domestic and overseas laws and regulations, respect social norms and, based on our management philosophy, conduct good corporate activities.
Examples of relevant laws and regulations to be heeded
The Constitution, Civil Code, Commercial Code, Companies Act, Penal Code, Radio Act, Broadcast Act, Copyright Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, Antimonopoly Act, Unfair Competition Prevention Act, Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Representations, Act against Delay in Payment of Subcontract Proceeds, Etc. to Subcontractors, Product Liability Act, Consumer Contract Act, Act on the Protection of Personal Information, Labor Standards Act, Act on Securing, Etc. of Equal Opportunity and Treatment between Men and Women in Employment, Corporation Tax Act, Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act, administrative agency guidelines, Japan Commercial Broadcasters Association standards, international conventions, overseas laws and regulations, etc.
- 2. Broadcast programming
- We recognize our responsibility as a public institution of society and provide excellent programming in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations and broadcast programming editing standards to contribute to the happiness of people and the creation of rich culture.
- 3. Relationship of trust with customers (subscribers, etc.)
- We comply with the relevant laws and regulations and the paid broadcasting service agreement, provide fair, impartial and consistent broadcasting service and obtain customers' trust by disclosing accurate information.
- 4. Relationship of trust with business partners
- We deal fairly and impartially with good sense and integrity, build relationships of trust and develop reciprocally. We do not impose unjust restrictions on transactions or engage in unfair competition, and compete with companies in accordance with free and fair rules.
- 5. Relationship of trust with shareholders, investors, etc.
- We comply with relevant laws and regulations and conduct fair and transparent company management. We disclose management information such as financial matters and the status of business activity accurately and in a timely manner and actively disclose non-statutory information such as the company's management philosophy and management policy. We do not engage in unfair trading (insider trading) of shares, etc.
- 6. Appropriate accounting
- We comply with the relevant laws, regulations, accounting standards and principles of corporate accounting, and factor in accuracy, reliability, clarity, soundness, timeliness and economy in our accounting.
- 7. Proper management of trade secrets, personal information, etc.
- We manage trade secrets properly and strictly so that they will not be disclosed outside the company without permission and not leaked. Personal information on customers (subscribers, etc.) and employees is not used except for its original purpose of collection. If using it for purposes other than this purpose of collection, appropriate measures such as obtaining the prior consent of the individual are taken. This information is also managed properly and strictly so it does not leak outside.
- 8. Relationship between company and employees
- Employees shall comply with the employment rules and internal regulations, maintain the order of the workplace and perform their duties in good faith. They shall treat company property with care. They shall not use company assets or expenses for personal purposes. The company shall comply with labor laws and regulations, strive to maintain a healthy working environment in which it is easy to work and respect individual human rights and character.
- 9. Relationship with government/administrations
- We comply with relevant laws and regulations, strictly refrain from acts that would lead to misunderstandings of collusion with government/administrations such as bribery, profit sharing and illegal political contributions and strive to create a sound and transparent relationship.
- 10. Handling of anti-social forces
- We act with basic legal knowledge, social common sense and justice and strive for sensible behavior in order to not engage in illegal or antisocial acts. We respond to anti-social forces with resolution and have no relations.